Weekly Digest 9
Previously on chodounsky.net
The best links from community
- Working With Visual Studio: Developers and Functional Testing - Jim Holmes
- 50 Ways to Avoid, Find and Fix ASP.NET Performance Issues: The Next Generation - Michaela Murray
- Bad Advice: “Stop Working So Hard” - John Sonmez
- What is Trunk Based Development? - Paul Hammant
- Designing entities: immutability first - Jef Claes
- HTTP: The Protocol Every Web Developer Must Know – Part 1 - Pavan Podila
- How to design exceptions - jgauffin
- IoC containers: where you define the seams of applications - Nathan Evans
- Encrypting .NET configuration file - Jimmy Larkin
- Dependency Injection is Over Hyped - Michael Lang
- Ruby 2.0 Works Hard So You Can Be Lazy - Pat Shaughnessy
- Adding descriptions, or other text, to enumeration values (supports localization!) - Aron Weiler
- Visual Studio Code Metrics - Richard Carr
- What Makes Code Readable: Not What You Think - John Sonmez
- Who Benefits From the Use of Design Patterns? - Todd Merritt
- Teen developer funds startup by auctioning 10% of her future income (interview) - John Koetsier
Interesting projects are
- bootstrap-wysiwyg - Tiny wysiwyg rich text editor for Bootstrap.
- Firepad - Open source collaborative text editing.
- csscss - csscss will parse any CSS files you give it and let you know which rulesets have duplicated declarations.
- rubocop - An experimental Ruby code analyzer, based on the community Ruby style guide.
And finally more great link collections
- Dew Drop - Alvin Ashcraft’s Morning Dew,
- The Morning Brew - Chris Alcock,
- The Daily Sixpack - Dirk Strauss,
- Interesting Finds - Jason Haley.
Would you like to get top 5 links on Programming every Monday?
Sign up to Programming Digest and stay up to date!