Weekly Programming Digest #98
Interesting general programming links are
- Using Named Pipes and Process Substitution in Bioinformatics
- Announcing pick
- The Cost of Code Reuse Abuse
- Dropbox starts using POST, and why this is poor API design.
- The Hiring Post
- How I learned to stop worrying and love IE8
- How to get started with CSS Shapes - Webdesigner Depot
- Why use Event Sourcing
- Patterns are for People
- Shared Dictionary Compression for HTTP at LinkedIn
- Shipping Side Projects
next, the best from the Ruby world follows
- A couple of callback gotchas (and a Rails 5 fix)
- Reservoir sampling
- My Weird Ruby
- Analyze code for potentially uncalled methods.
- The layout version switcher for Rails
- 7 must have Development Gems to install on every project
Would you like to get top 5 links on Programming every Monday?
Sign up to Programming Digest and stay up to date!